What information do we collect?
You may visit our website or use our mobile apps anonymously. If Location Services are enabled on your device, we may use your location to help you search for nearby neighborhoods. If you do not want this assistance, you can disable Location Services on your device.
When registering on our site or filling out a form, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address or phone number. You will be contacted in response to any information you request.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs).
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
- To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested.
- To send periodic emails, either at your request or of a marketing nature, either of which you may opt-out from receiving at any time.
Any email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser, and capture and remember certain information.
You may disable your browser’s ability to save cookies at any time, usually from within the browser’s privacy or security preferences. You may also remove cookies already saved to your hard drive.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include Suburban Jungle or trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential and not use it for any other purpose beyond these. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We will retain your data for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is legally advisable (for example, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
Information for Visitors Covered by GDPR
If you are a covered individual under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have legal rights in relation to the data that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your data and access to the data that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of data;
- Requesting that we correct your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your data, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorized disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data and for any additional copies of the data you request from us.
Individuals covered by the GDPR should contact us here to request further information.
Transferring Your Data Outside the EEA (If GDPR Applies)
The data that we collect from you is transferred to, and will be stored in, the United States that is not subject to equivalent data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the Service.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
You may contact us here at any time if you would like further information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Questions or Revoking Consent